John Maxwell Gives Us Six Habits of Highly Defective People. I like Maxwell because he challenges the way we think and gives us some tools for self-examination. How do you rate in these areas? I know I have some work to do in my own life.
• They have a losing attitude: People generally get whatever they expect out of life. Expect the worst, and that’s what you’ll get.
• They quit growing. People are what they are, and they are where they are because of what has gone into their minds.
• They have no game plan for life. As William Feather, author of The Business of Life says, “There are two kinds of failures: Those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought.”
• They are unwilling to change. Some people would rather cling to what they have rather than embrace what might be better because they are afraid of getting something worse.
• They fail in relationships with others. People who cannot get along with others will never get ahead in life.
• They are not willing to pay the price for success. The road to success is uphill all the way. Anyone who wants to accomplish much must sacrifice much.
HT: Buddy Cremeans